My News Intake

With so many options for news consumption these days, it's difficult to decide where to turn for your daily intake. Below I have compiled a list of the sources that I find myself utilizing on a daily basis.

Today Show:
When I wake up in the mornings, my go-to is always to turn on the news. My dream job is to be employed baby NBC, in particular working under the Today Show, so it is fitting that I turn to this show as a basis for my news intake. What I appreciate is that they cover the latest hard hitting stories happening globally but as the show progresses they also touch on light news. They have multiple outlets for consuming their content and I not only watch the show, but have their app and follow them  on various social media accounts. This offers a wide variety of options to keep up even if I'm unable to sit down and watch their initial reports each day.
https://www.today.com

theSkimm:
A quick way I choose to catch up on all things relevant and pressing within our world is theSkimm. I subscribed a few years back as a way to receive the latest news and it truly is an easy way to "skim" over top stories for the day. It's not the conventional newspaper that many still prefer, but that is part of the reason that I'm so hooked on it. It's a modern day take on ingesting news stories and provides it in a clear and concise voice. This newsletter presents information in a simplistic way that provides a variety of news topics and people as you scroll.
https://www.theskimm.com/recent

E News:
As someone who is very interested in pop culture, I turn to News to stay updated on all that is going on. While many find that this content is not real news, I find it to be a distinct type of reporting that is very refreshing. It studies the life and habits of people in the spotlight, from their relationships to their fashion statements. This type of publication can be perceived as shallow and unnecessary, yet I believe that it is something worth understanding. As an individual who finds herself constantly people watching in public, this news outlet satisfies that curiosity within me.
https://www.eonline.com

Buzzfeed:
An outlet that I utilize for many reasons, including news, is the Buzzfeed app. While I don't use this as my primary source for information I do consult it on a regular basis. It offers simple explanations on relevant topics, which is beneficial during the busyness of everyday life.
https://www.buzzfeed.com

Local News Outlets:
Depending on where I am in the world I always enjoy tuning into the local news stations to see what is happening in the area surrounding me. This usually offers a variety of content from local events occurring to accidents that recently took place. I like to get a feel for the environment and people that are in action around me which allows me to put more things into perspective.

Comments

Popular Posts