My Value in the Eight Values of Freedom

When I consider the eight values of freedom that we are granted under the First Amendment, there are two in particular that stand out to me.

The first that struck my attention was the idea of individual self-fulfillment. I appreciate that this value allows for individuals to fully speak their mind in a way that portrays their identity. This IDEA of self fulfillment is what enables me to write this blog and fill it with words that express who I am and the way I feel about certain topics.

The second value that I find especially significant on a personal level, realizing that that none of these values are insignificant in any nature, is the idea that it promotes innovation. This touches on the idea that by allowing those in society to practice free speech, there is a willingness to adapt to a more creative and innovative mindset. The ability to fully share your ideals causes individuals to spread their original and sometimes ground-breaking thoughts with others. This innovation can promote change and new understandings for a society and is therefore a very beneficial area of free expression.

As a journalism student, I find all eight of these values to be of great importance. For obvious reasons I wish to be able to fully convey my thoughts and ideas without the government restricting me (unless need be).

Comments

Popular Posts