EOTO Reflection

As a general reflection of the "Each One Teach One" presentations I found each group to provide very beneficial and interesting material in a thorough manner. While I learned a lot during each term presented, the one concept that really stood out to me was "Five Eyes."


I honestly had never heard of the five eyes alliance before this class and it blows my mind. While I do think it is important for pacts and alliances to be made between nations I also think that the privacy of citizens should not be forgotten.


Due to the fact that it all began during the time of WWII, I understand the initial intent for the pact and what it was meant to avoid. The search for traitors and spies was a big deal during that time period but the fact that it has progressed to these countries now eavesdropping into the lives of their citizens is alarming.

This idea points back to the privacy issues that were touched on in the various TED talks we watched. The government has the ability to know too much about what we are doing, when we are doing it, and where we are doing it. It does cause me to question what this information is actually being used for and what they are sharing between each other.

Comments

Popular Posts